With the evolution of mobile phones, your eyes might also be stuck on your favorite mint new releases. Well, it’s good enough that you want to buy your new mobile phone but what about the older one? Selling your old phone can get you some extra cash to put in for your new phone. To your surprise, some companies like Cashify will even let you trade in your old phone for a new one with extra payment.
One thing that we all go through is the precious data stored on our mobiles. Whether it be secret messages, embarrassing selfies, amazing snaps and your favorite app’s data you don’t want it to get lost and moreover get into the wrong hands.
Well, good news for you. Here is what you can do before selling your old phone to wipe all the data clean so it does not get misused by someone.
Things are way too different on an android phone than on the iphones. To wipe your phone follow the respective steps carefully.
1. Sync all your apps to your account. You can do this by going to Users and Accounts under Settings, tapping Account Sync, and tapping Sync Now.
2. Now to back up your data, jump into settings, select system settings, go to backup and turn on backup to Google Drive.
3. Now to wipe clean all the data, go to system settings and choose reset. your device may also say Backup and Reset, in which case, pick that.
4. From there, select Factory Data Reset, then Reset phone. This will erase all data, password, previous settings from your phone.
Calculate the price of your old Android phone here.
Follow the following steps to make sure you wipe clean the data from your iPhone.
1. Unpair your Apple watch to avoid unnecessary struggles.
2. Now back up your phone data so nothing gets lost
3. Now sign out of icloud. To do this, go in settings, then tap on your name up top and scroll down and click sign out.
4. After you type out your Apple ID and password, tap Turn Off and you’re all set.
5. Now to erase your data, go back to the settings, tap on general settings, now scroll down to reset and choose “erase all content and settings”.
Calculate the price of your old iPhone here.
If you are switching to an android phone you would like to turn off your iMessage. This way, you won’t miss any incoming messages on your new phone.
We’d love to hear your views on this… ↓